Medical massage is a form of outcome-based massage, primarily the application of specific treatment protocols targeted to the specific problem(s) the patient presents with physician’s diagnosis and administered after a thorough assessment/evaluation by the medical massage therapist with specific outcomes being the basis for treatment. It is a very comfortable, gentle and highly effective treatment that works best when combined with regular chiropractic and/or acupuncture treatment.
Medical massage is useful in addressing conditions such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Piriformis syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Pain associated with bulged or injured spinal disks (medical massage cannot ‘fix’ the disk, but can help alleviate much of the pain associated with the injury).
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Range of motion issues
- Back and Neck pain
- Plantar fasciitis (involving pain in the foot)
- Repetitive use injuries such as those listed and tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow
- Pain associated with restricted fascia
- Pain associated with postural imbalances
- Muscle cramps
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sports injuries
- Work Injuries
- Auto Injuries
- Edema (swelling)
- Injuries sustained in traumas such as falls or automobile accidents
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (numbness/tingling in hands/arms)
We do not bill health insurance for medical massage services. However we do offer a discount for established patients. Call us today for a free consultation!