- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 of a pineapple, peeled and cut into large slices
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- Prepared low-sodium Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk (about one 13.5 oz can)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups brown or jasmine rice
- Make the rice by adding the water, coconut milk, sugar, and salt to a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes, then stir with a fork.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce over the chicken tenders and set aside to marinate for at least 30-minutes.
- Prepare your grill and heat it to medium.
- Drizzle coconut oil over the sliced zucchini, bell pepper and onion, and pineapple. Grill the vegetables and pineapple for just a few minutes, stirring or turning over frequently. Then remove to a plate when finished.
- Grill the marinated chicken for about two minutes each side, or until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest before slicing.
- To serve, add the rice to each serving bowl. Top with grilled chicken, veggies, and pineapple. Drizzle a little of the remaining teriyaki sauce on top.