One of the biggest myths of chiropractic care is that you’ll be told you have to go back for repeat visits multiple times per week for the rest of your life. However, a chiropractic doctor that runs their practice ethically and keeps the best interests of the patient in mind would never recommend that. In fact there are five ways to benefit from chiropractic treatment and how long you choose to benefit from chiropractic care is always up to you.
1. Relief Care. Most of our patients begin their threatment here. Pain prompts them to try chiropractic care. If you stop care as soon as you feel better, you’ll invite a relapse. Muscles and soft tissues do most of their healing after symptoms disappear.
2. Corrective Care. With the most obvious symptoms reduced, many of our patients opt to continue their care per the chiropractor’s recommendations. This helps stabilize and strengthen their spine. Doing so helps promote lasting changes and helps avoid a relapse of pain.
3. Maintenance Care. Like brushing or flossing your teeth, regular chiropractic care helps maintain your progress and avoid a setback. Visit frequency is based on your specific condition and how well your body responds to treatment.
4. Preventative Care. Periodic chiropractic checkups can help catch new problems, as well as prevent old problems from re-occurring. This can minimize any flare-ups. Those who value their health often take this proactive approach and come in for a follow up visit every 4 – 6 weeks.
5. Wellness Care. We experience life through our nervous system. That’s why it’s so important to optimize our nervous system is the key to becoming all that we can be and living life to the fullest.